The Collectorate is headed by the District Collector and DM who is in charge of the Revenue administration within the district and co-ordinates the functioning all other State Government departments within the district.The office of the Collector has several branches or departments which are supervised by various officers of the rank of Deputy Collector or Tahsildar. The Collector occupies a central place in the district administration. He is the head of the Revenue administration in the district and acts as the co-ordinating officer among all the officers of the Government in the district.
The District Collector is supported by the Additional Collector who looks after certain branches of the Collectorate.
- Service books of staff.
- Freedom fighter’s pension,transport concessions,economic aid,medical aid to freedom fighters.
- Staff medical bills.
- Checking of stamps at treasury.
- LTC of staff.
- Maintaining accounts of CFC.
- Accepting cheques for natural calamities and submitting accounts to the Govt.
- Sanctions of leaves.
- Issue of no dues, no D.E. certificates to the Govt. servants who are due for retirement.
- Grant of Non Agriculture Permissions.
- Appointments of clerks and peons .
- Transfers of Clerks and other staff of revenue dept.
- Deaprtmental enquiry against revenue staff.
- Confirmation of Class III and Class IV establishments.
- Advance increments to class III and class IV servants.
- Conducting MPSC exam.
- Grant of land to the ex-servicemen housing societies, educational socities, public purposes etc.
- CTS disposal of land covered under city survey area.
- Implementation of revenue act.
- Recovery of Govt. dues and its montly progress report.
- Weather and crop report.
- Compliance of internal audit.
- Compliance of internal audit points of Accountant General,Nagpur.
- Jamabandi/Inspection of Taluka officesand compliance.
- Re organisation of Sazas,Taluka village in District.
- Removal & Regularisation of Encroachment.
- Court of Wards.
- Supply of Drinking Water.
- Implementation of E.G.S.
- Scarcity Work.
- Muster Assistants.
- Distribution of Grant to the implementing Agencies of E.G.S.
- Fodder Scarcity Work.
- Detection of Corrupt Practices in E.G.S. Work.
- Law and order maintenance.
- Natural Calamities (Disaster Management).
- Arm Licenses
- Assistance to freedom fighters.
Entertainment tax Branch
- Implemention of Bombay Entertainment duty Act.
- Recovery of Entertainment duty & Surcharge.
- Over all control on the Recovery of Entertainment. Tax in respect of Cinema Halls,Video Theaters, Dish Antennae, Video Games Etc.
- Supervision over the Eentertainment Duty Inspectors.
Lokshahi Din – Day to solve public grievances.
- General Election to the House of People, legislative Assembly.
- Bye Elections to the House of people ,Legislative assembly.
- Election to the local bodies.
- Election to the Co-op societies, such as Sugar factories Co-operative Banks Dudh Sanghs.
- Election to Zilla Parishad /Panchayat Samitis / Gram Panchayat.
Preparation of Voters list and its revision.
- Computerisation of electoral Rolls.
- Preparation of list of service voters.
- Preparation of budget for election.
- Maintenance of Ballot Boxes and election stationary forms etc.
- Appeals on the file of the Collector /Additional Collector.
- Watch on the Implementation of Mutation Entries.
- Issue of Khate Pustika.
- Watan Abolition Acts.
- Extension of Gaothan.
- Auction of sand.
- Recovery of Auction sale.
- Watch on the unauthorized removal of Minor Minerals such as Sand ,Earth, Stone etc.
- SDO Haveli, Pimpi-Chinchwad
- SDO Punecity, Shirur
- SDO Bhor, Velha
- SDO Baramati, Indapur
- SDO Daund, Purandar
- SDO Maval, Mulshi
- SDO Junnar, Ambegaon
- SDO Khed
- Tahsil Punecity
- Tahsil Haveli
- Tahsil Maval
- Tahsil Mulshi
- Tahsil Baramati
- Tahsil Indapur
- Tahsil Daund
- Tahsil Junnar
- Tahsil Ambegaon
- Tahsil Khed
- Tahsil Bhor
- Tahsil Velha
- Tahsil Shirur
- Tahsil Purandar